Saturday, November 8, 2008

Feeling their pain

The enjoyment will soon wear off, but for the moment I'm getting a kick out of reading conservative blogs and experiencing some "been there, done that" moments. Conservatives are going through the same stages of misery as Democrats did after the Florida recount struggle ended in 2000. How could this happen ? Where did things go wrong ? Why us ? What now ? Last night, I watched "The McLaughlin Group" for the final time; I promised myself I would if Obama won the election. The blonde bimbo, Monica Crowley, kept coming back to one point - the 57 million people who voted against Obama, as though Speedo's 46 percent of the popular vote mitigated the results of the election. I felt the same way about Gore's share in 2000, but in that election W actually lost the popular vote.

At any rate, the conservatives are suffering and I understand how they feel. They're about to get a four year dose of what I've been going through for the last eight years.

According to Bob Novak's WP column, Newt Gingrich may compete for the GOP nomination in 2012. So far, that makes three possibles we know about: Trig's mom, Willard, and Newt. It's just like the Repubs to recycle the same old faces, trying to recapture their glory days. The Gingrich revolution of '94 would certainly qualify as a Repub high point.

The best part of Barry's press conference yesterday, of which I saw less than half, was his remark that the new family dog would probably be "a mutt like me." How cool is that ? I'll probably eventually start referring to Barry as "Mutt."

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE OLD WAY

THE OLD WAY

IN CASE YOU'RE INTERESTED

My photo
The less you know, the happier we'll both be.

FILE CABINET