Thursday, October 24, 2013

The computers are down? No shit.

Now that the government is operating again, the media have turned the spotlight on the technical failures hanging up Obamacare implementation. One of the problems I've always had with turning government functions over to private sector contractors is that when the shit hits the fan (as it often does), the people who built it are never ready to accept any reponsibility when it falls down. I had experience with privatization during my government service career, and the federal government under Bush 43 privatized as much of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan as they could get away with.

My philosophy now is very simple: If the government wants a job done right, it should do the job itself instead of shopping it off to the lowest bidder, whose main concern is making a profit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE OLD WAY

THE OLD WAY

IN CASE YOU'RE INTERESTED

My photo
The less you know, the happier we'll both be.

FILE CABINET