Monday, August 18, 2008

Crossed up ?

I first heard Ace tell the "cross in the sand" story when he was running in the 2000 primaries. Back then, he was relating the tale in the third person (a young POW, a guard) as opposed to a first-person narrative. Since it was the first time I'd heard it, and because in those days I still admired Ace, I thought the story was poignant.

Today the blogs are buzzing with speculation that Ace lifted the story from another source (Alexander Solzhenitsyn). Maybe he did, maybe not. If he did steal it, he's an even bigger hole than I thought. But either way, I'm getting sick and tired of the idea that because he was a POW, Ace gets a pass on everything that's happened since then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE OLD WAY

THE OLD WAY

IN CASE YOU'RE INTERESTED

My photo
The less you know, the happier we'll both be.

FILE CABINET