Saturday, March 14, 2009

Idiots

The single most appalling notion that I've come across lately is this one: A man despises this country so much and wants to destroy it so badly that he runs for president, then is elected with about 53 percent of the popular vote and a substantial Electoral College majority -- almost 68 percent. Something in that idea just doesn't add up, but there are a lot of people around here who've bought into it and keep trying to spread the word.

That thump you hear is me, pounding my fist against my forehead.

Added 6:52 pm, same day: According to a news item I came across, dealers in firearms and ammunition are selling out their stocks much faster than they can be resupplied. It looks like the gun crazies are in meltdown, and either want to build their arsenals before Obama starts shutting down the manufacturers or want to be well-armed when the revolution begins. The good news is that one segment of the economy seems to be thriving. On the other hand, I don't find much comfort in the fact that lunatics are working themselves into lock-and-load frenzies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE OLD WAY

THE OLD WAY

IN CASE YOU'RE INTERESTED

My photo
The less you know, the happier we'll both be.

FILE CABINET