Thursday, October 30, 2008

Final Thursday thoughts

Tonight I watched my current favorite TV personality interview my current favorite presidential candidate. Rachel Maddow was in Florida with Barry, and as I watched the interview unfold I thought it was refreshing to see something intelligent on television. After the 2004 election disaster, I swore off cable news channels and stayed away from them for years. My return has been somewhat reluctant, but Keith Olbermann and Rachel have eased the process. Despite constant Republican rhetoric about liberal media bias, I just haven't noticed much of it since 2000. Keith and Rachel are definitely biased and I love 'em.

Watching Barry field Rachel's questions, I realized it would be a pleasant change to have a president that could communicate in fluent English. For most of the last eight years I've been able to avoid seeing or hearing Bush on TV or radio. If I was taken by surprise and the remote control wasn't close by, ten seconds of that bastard's face and voice pissed me off so much I needed twenty minutes to calm down again. So - among the changes in my life if Obama survives the GOP election theft efforts next Tuesday, I'll actually be able to watch a State of the Union address as it's being delivered. Haven't seen one since Clinton's last year in office.

A concluding note - I've been reading about Joe the skinhead on the internet today. This dude is turning out to be a real dipshit. My top two reasons for rooting against Speedbump are Snowbunny and the skinhead. The thought of having that unholy trio around until 2012 is more than I can cope with. The damned Republicans are making it nearly impossible to live in this country.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE OLD WAY

THE OLD WAY

IN CASE YOU'RE INTERESTED

My photo
The less you know, the happier we'll both be.

FILE CABINET