Saturday, July 6, 2024

Some Not So Simple Sentences

 Years ago, when I was reaching the age of voting eligibility and trying to get interested in politics, the New York Times was considered the ultimate bastion of liberalism, at least by hardcore right-wing Republicans like my old man. Calling the NYT a haven for pinko commie sympathizers was a popular stereotype for years.

I never read the New York Times because it's only available online behind a subscription paywall, so I don't know exactly when the newspaper became a hard copy of Fox News in terms of its editorial bias. 

Recently I've seen discussion on some liberal blogs blaming the anti-Biden NYT coverage on an asshole named A.G. Sulzberger, the NYT publisher and chairman of NYT Company. This guy is said to have a huge bug up his ass because NYT reporters don't have the same degree of White House access with Joe that they had with the Waste of Shit. Constant criticism of Biden and his administration are the penalty for restrictions on access.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE OLD WAY

THE OLD WAY

IN CASE YOU'RE INTERESTED

My photo
The less you know, the happier we'll both be.

FILE CABINET