After a quick scan of headlines at a few liberal webpages this morning, some gradual movement away from Mongo Wrongo seems to be occurring among a few MAGA Monkeys who envision the possibility of life after Wrongo. Currently, this entails quiet suggestions that those criminal indictments are legitimate, not witch-hunt results.
Added 4:14 PM: Last Saturday night, I watched a favorite Steve McQueen movie (The Cincinnati Kid) on the DVR. Turner Classic Movies shows that one several times every year. I first saw it several times at the drive-in theater when it was a recent release, so I've probably watched that movie at least ten times from start to finish, and I've memorized some of the dialogue from various scenes.
I'm bringing this up now because while I was watching Saturday, it suddenly occurred to me that there's a character in the movie who reminds me of the waste of shit. The role is played by the late Jack Weston, and the character is a smug overweight slob who isn't nearly as shrewd as he thinks he is. The character is known by the nickname Pig. After Lancey Howard has run Pig out of the big game with a pair of jacks, he and the Kid agree that Pig is a sore loser, and that's when it dawned on me that Mongo Wrongo should be known around here as Pig.
Pig enjoys calling America a nation in decline. The decline began the first day that toxic waste dump campaigned as a precedential (sic) candidate, and it will end the day he's no longer being quoted by the media. A few years in a federal pen would be a good starting point.
No comments:
Post a Comment