Friday, June 29, 2018

Deutsche Bank again

Charles Pierce @ Esquire on emerging news about the special relationship between retiring Justice Anthony Kennedy and depraved, deranged Donnie.

More about Donnie and Kennedy at Politicus USA

Thinking out loud: A movie that made a big impression on me is Judgment at Nuremberg, directed by Stanley Kramer and released in 1961. I recommend this film, which explores the issue of German courts implementing and enforcing the political policies of Hitler and the Nazi Party. When I saw the movie during my high school years, I immediately understood that a nation's judicial system needs to be independent and non-partisan.

I've been comparing things happening in the United States since 2016 to things that happened in Germany from 1930-1939. While Chinless Mitch was keeping Fat Tony's vacant seat on the Supreme Court locked down for Damaged Donnie, I often thought about Judgment at Nuremberg. Once Hitler secured the loyalty of German judges, anything and everything he did was legal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE OLD WAY

THE OLD WAY

IN CASE YOU'RE INTERESTED

My photo
The less you know, the happier we'll both be.

FILE CABINET