Friday, February 12, 2016

Endorsements

The Dallas Morning News editorial board endorses Kasich for the Republican nomination, and Clinton for the Democratic nomination.

As a dedicated anti-Republican, my interest in the Democratic primary is based almost completely on which candidate has the clearest path to 280-300 Electoral College votes. I trust HRC and Sanders equally to support the political goals that concern me.

On the other hand, there is no Republican in the race that I trust. In fact, the leaders on the GOP side are easily among the worst Republicans to ever run for the White House, which makes them some of the worst people ever born.

Presidential elections in November are almost always won by the candidate that a majority of non-partisan independent voters perceive as the lesser of two evils. What I'm waiting to learn is whether that candidate will be Trump, Cruz, Sanders or Clinton -- or maybe a fifth possibility if things get even weirder than they already are. As always, my hope is that the GOP nominee will be universally seen as the greater of two evils by independent voters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE OLD WAY

THE OLD WAY

IN CASE YOU'RE INTERESTED

My photo
The less you know, the happier we'll both be.

FILE CABINET