Monday, April 4, 2011

Budget Cuts Hit Home

Apparently the Houston Chronicle has permanently discontinued its daily online crossword puzzle. I worked it nearly every day, occasionally at 11:00 pm on days when I needed to complete the puzzle before it changed at midnight. I never saw a formal announcement, so I guess eliminating the crossword was another austerity measure, similar to the hacking and slashing taking place in Austin these days.

Fortunately, USA Today and the Dallas Morning News still offer their online puzzles, so it's not like I'm being forced to go cold turkey. Still, it looks like learning to do without stuff is becoming part of the daily routine around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE OLD WAY

THE OLD WAY

IN CASE YOU'RE INTERESTED

My photo
The less you know, the happier we'll both be.

FILE CABINET