Saturday, March 21, 2009

Saturday morning commentary

Barney Frank as Superman
Posted 3/21/2009 8:40 AM CDT at Gimme Some Truth

The link above connects to an interesting blog post I read this morning. Copied here for future reference, it concerns the current conservative argument that everything wrong with the American economy today is either directly or indirectly Barney's fault. Barney is a liberal, gay Democrat from the northeast, and therefore makes an easy target for Republicans.

I'm willing to cut Obama a little slack on his Special Olympics-level bowling skills wisecrack; it's exactly the kind of spontaneous smartass remark I've made hundreds of times in an attempt to be self-deprecating. I'd love to have a thousand dollars for each time I've said something I thought was clever, and immediately wished I hadn't. One reason, maybe the main reason, I write four blogs is that I can proofread, edit, and re-write all the half-assed remarks my limited imagination generates. I can get the sarcasm and cynicism out of my system in a controlled burn process. In conversation ? There's no proofreading allowed.

Another topic under discussion is the financial peril in which many newspapers find themselves, and all the changes forthcoming for the so-called traditional news media. Right-wing yahoos regurgitate Limbaugh's contention that newspapers are failing because honest, hard-working, God-fearing Americans are abandoning them in reaction to liberal media bias. If that's true, why do so many yahoos congregate at the online newspaper message boards ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE OLD WAY

THE OLD WAY

IN CASE YOU'RE INTERESTED

My photo
The less you know, the happier we'll both be.

FILE CABINET