Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Big plans in my imaginary world

I was chasing links and came across an interesting item at Goddard's Political Wire blog. It refers to a recent Gallup poll that found there are only five remaining states with statistically significant Republican majorities: Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Alaska, and Nebraska. In one of my occasional political fantasies, I'm the supreme ruler of the United States, with absolute authority to do whatever I think will make the country a better place. One of my initiatives would be large-scale confinement of conservatives in massive rural detention facilities, and now I've confirmed the sites for the centers. Utah and Idaho would get three each, with two in Wyoming. Alaska is too cold, and Nebraska has produced a few decent Repubs like Chuck Hagel, so I'd build there only as a last resort.

Until construction was complete and the logistics of transporting thousands of rightwing morons to the centers were worked out, my system of confiscatory taxation would be in place. After Limbaugh, Hannity, Coulter and all the others were wards of the state, they'd have no income to tax. The loss of revenue would be offset by an overall reduction in the cultural pollution they generate. Anyway, that's the outline of my plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE OLD WAY

THE OLD WAY

IN CASE YOU'RE INTERESTED

My photo
The less you know, the happier we'll both be.

FILE CABINET