Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sunday, winding down

For years I spent Sunday afternoons in September watching NFL games on television, but I'm now at a point that I get easily bored by them. I tried to watch some of the Dallas vs Washington game, but the Cowboys (or Cab Boys as their owner refers to them) chose this weekend to mail it in. I have enough trouble staying interested in Dallas when they're winning. If they're losing, fuck 'em.

I finished my Sunday morning walk and spent most of the afternoon catching up on political stuff being discussed on the blogs. After all's said and done, I guess Speedo is less offensive than the other Republicans who ran for the GOP nomination, but his behavior just gets harder and harder for me to tolerate, and the utter contempt for America that the Spaylin choice demonstrates should in itself be enough to disqualify him. I watched part of Mayberry's infamous interview on CBS (thanks to YouTube), and if her performance at the upcoming VP debate isn't substantially better, she may end up ridiculed by all except the diehard thirty percent who still think Goober's doing a fine job.

As still another sign that civilization in this country is crumbling, there's speculation the Repubs want to stage the wedding between Levi and Bristol on national television before the election. Levi is the self-described redneck who likes to fuck around with his boys, and Bristol is the Spaylin daughter that Levi knocked up. That's just what this election needs: a massive injection of Jerry Springer-style white trash appeal. At the risk of repeating myself-- contempt, contempt, contempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE OLD WAY

THE OLD WAY

IN CASE YOU'RE INTERESTED

My photo
The less you know, the happier we'll both be.

FILE CABINET